Urgent Care delivers prompt medical care at a substantially lower cost by only offering patients the care that they need. Emergency rooms are equipped to treat life-threatening circumstances, but the high cost of using a facility designed for that level of medical care is reflected in their bill. As a result, the treatment costs at urgent care centers are almost always significantly lower.
- Assessing and monitoring patients’ conditions.
- Checking vital signs and symptoms in order to arrange diagnostic tests.
- Devising ongoing care plans.
- Administering intravenous drips and other types of medication.
- Using specialized equipment such as monitors and ventilators.
Urgent Care – Industry Information
- Over the last 20 years, there has been a growing demand for the valuable and necessary services that urgent care centers provide. At last count, there were more than 9,000 urgent care facilities in the United States, with hundreds more opening each year.
- While some urgent care centers are hospital-affiliated, you’ll find just as many that are independently owned and operated.
Contact Acuity Healthcare today to discuss your healthcare recruitment and placement needs.
Socialize With Us