Mental Health and Behavioral Health Jobs
As a mental health or behavioral health registered nurse (RN), you must have a strong desire to help individuals with mental and behavioral issues.
Job Responsibilities For Mental Health and Behavioral Health Jobs
Perform psychiatric nursing assessments and medication management for patients
Provide medication education for patients
Provide ongoing assessment of patients
Responsible for attending all mandatory in-services, continuing education, and annual health requirements.
What are Mental Health and Behavior Health Disorders?
Mental health encompasses a number of factors such as your biology, your psychological condition, and your habits. Behavioral health examines how your individual habits impact your overall physical and mental wellbeing. The following disorders are examples of mental health and behavioral health disorders that are not directly related to or caused by behaviors.
Mental Health Disorders
Generalized anxiety disorder
Behavioral Health Disorders
Have you held any positions or had any experience in the areas listed below? If so, you may be a good fit for a role within the mental and behavioral health sector.
The Mental and Behavioral Health Industry
The current trend toward integrating behavioral and physical health is, in many ways, a response to a mental health system that has struggled to meet the demand for such care.
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, an estimated 44 million adults in the U.S. are living with a mental illness. Yet almost 60% of those with a mental health disorder didn’t receive treatment in the previous year. This is despite spending on mental health hitting $221 billion in 2014, making it the single most expensive medical condition in the U.S.
Mental and behavioral health treatment can include:
- Behavioral health treatment, such as psychotherapy and counseling.
- Mental and behavioral health inpatient services.
- Treatment for substance use disorder (commonly known as substance abuse).
- Financial support, such as deductibles, copayments, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket limits.
- Other support, including care management.
Comprehensive Mental and Behavioral Healthcare Recruitment
We offer recruitment solutions for the following mental and behavioral health services:
- Residential mental health and behavioral health treatment centers: These mental health services are provided at live-in facilities that are typically privately owned. Stays at these facilities are often 30 days or longer.
- Outpatient mental health services: Mental health, substance abuse, and community mental health services are often offered on an outpatient basis. In these programs, patients live in their own homes but go to a facility regularly for treatment.
- Private practice: Many people with substance abuse or mental health issues see practitioners in private practice at their offices. These are typically psychologists or psychiatrists. Group, family and individual therapy are generally offered, as is medication management (depending on the practitioner).
- Telepsychiatry and telemental health: These services are offered remotely over the phone or the internet using email, online chat or video conferencing. This service offers access to psychiatry to people in underserved communities. Others who benefit from this type of service are those that are housebound and those who need support in between appointments.